Seattle, U.S.A. – Cascade Designs, Inc., the Seattle-based industry leader in the design and manufacture of premier outdoor equipment, today announced the 2012 launch of a new MSR SureLock pole line featuring a patent-pending, positive-locking adjustment system that eliminates pole slippage.
The new MSR SureLock pole designs feature three major boosts in technology:
– SureLock Adjustment System: Unlike friction-based solutions, this unique positive- locking interface delivers absolute, no-slip pole performance in all conditions. A smooth, rolling lock pin, precision tolerances, and non-rotating tri-lobe pole sections assure smooth and easy adjustments.
– Fast, Easy Trigger Release: A glove-friendly, two-finger pull at the base of the pole grip allows a complete, one-handed collapse for easy packing or rapidly changing pole length to match terrain in the field. The hydro-formed Trigger Release sleeve offers added, all-weather protection for the SureLock mechanism and provides added security while gripping the shaft.
– Efficient Strength: The low-profile efficiency of the SureLock adjustment system saves weight, providing an incredibly smooth and easy top-centered swing. The 7000-series aluminum pole sections are formed with a unique wall thickness, targeting durability where it’s needed most, while trimming weight elsewhere.
“This new line of MSR poles marks an exciting leap forward for us in the pole market,” said Chris Parkhurst, Division Director, Winter Products for Cascade Designs. “Two years in the making, we scrutinized over every detail to bring to market a line of poles with the unique technology, quality and craftsmanship our customers have come to expect from MSR brand products. We’re excited to introduce this line of truly positive-locking, multi-sport, year-round poles that customers can use for everything, from summer trekking to backcountry skiing in the winter.”
The new all-season, multi-sport MSR SureLock poles also feature comfortable, ergonomic grip handles that are engineered to safely lift MSR Televator™ snowshoe heel lifts, and those on most telemark and alpine touring bindings, with no awkward bending or squatting on steep slopes. The poles can also be used to pitch a variety of lightweight MSR tent models. Lightweight compression tips ease impact without over-engineered solutions that limit how or where the poles are used.
The new MSR Pole models are:
– MSR SureLock™ TR-3: A compact, all-season, three-section pole with SureLock adjustment system and fast, one-handed trigger release for aggressive backcountry travelers demanding rapid adjustment capability for optimum performance on frequently changing terrain. Available in two sizes: Standard (105–130 cm) and Long (115–140 cm) and includes both trekking and snow baskets.
– MSR SureLock™ TR-2: A versatile, all-season, two-section pole with solid construction for use in a wide range of pursuits where moderate compact-ability is all that’s needed. Featuring the SureLock adjustment system with fast, one-handed trigger release; best suited for those who find themselves most often with poles in-hand, rather than on their pack. Available in two sizes: Standard (105–130 cm) and Long (115–140 cm) and includes both trekking and snow baskets.
– MSR SureLock™ UL-2: A minimalist, all-season, two-section pole tuned specifically for those seeking to shed weight, not performance. Featuring the SureLock adjustment system, the manually-operated system is engineered specifically for customers seeking simplicity in design and the lightest weight possible in a pole that delivers essential strength and stability in all conditions. Available in Standard size (105–130 cm) and includes both trekking and snow baskets.
The new line of MSR poles will debut in Europe at the July 2011 OutDoor Trade Fair and in North America at the August 2011 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. The collection will be available in stores January 2012.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.