Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
Boulder, CO – Natural Habitat Adventures announces the launch of Wildlife Photo of the Day, a new website that celebrates the world’s most captivating and stunning wildlife photos. Nat Hab, the world’s premier nature and wildlife travel company, invites amateur and professional photographers alike to submit their work to feature on the new site.
“Wildlife lovers and armchair travelers will enjoy an exciting new photo every day,” said Ben Bressler, Natural Habitat Adventures (http://www.nathab.com/) founder and president. “Gorgeous, full-color images will feature the world’s most intriguing species, from breaching whales and polar bears sparring on the tundra to mountain gorillas and rare lemurs with huge golden eyes.”
Fans of the new website can have photos delivered directly to their inbox by subscribing to the convenient Weekly Digest. Another way to see the featured wildlife photos is to follow Wildlife Photo of the Day on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
“The hope is that by sharing inspiring wildlife photos, people will become interested and more involved in securing the future of these incredible species,” said Bressler.
Each photo selected for the platform includes a link to conservation information provided by World Wildlife Fund. Visitors to the site can learn about threats to the animal or its ecosystem, what WWF is doing to protect it and what individuals can also do to help.
Photographers of all abilities are invited to enter their best wildlife shots for the chance to earn a coveted spot as the Wildlife Photo of the Day. In addition to featuring submissions from professional and amateur photographers, the website will display photos taken by Nat Hab’s talented naturalist guides, many of whom are professional photographers themselves and freelance with outlets such as the BBC, Discovery Channel and National Geographic.
The site’s focus is on iconic wildlife such as bears, big cats, primates and whales, but Wildlife Photo of the Day also welcomes well-crafted images of small and lesser-known species including reptiles and insects. All photos must be original.
- A bio, headshot and link to the photographer’s professional website on the page that features his/her photo. The link will help drive traffic to the photographer’s website and may benefit their website’s SEO.
- The photographer’s photo and name will also be featured on the website’s four social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. The Photo of the Day website will also be publicized on World Wildlife Fund’s social media accounts, giving the photographer exposure to its millions of followers.
- Each photograph selected is featured in a Weekly Digest e-blast, giving the photographer exposure to Nat Hab’s email subscribers.
For submission details please see here.
Since 2003, Nat Hab has been the travel partner of World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading conservation organization. Nat Hab operates World Wildlife Fund’s travel programs and donates to this nonprofit’s global conservation efforts.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.