Improved system set to streamline booking process
Providence, RI — Gap Adventures, the world’s adventure travel leader, rolls out a new online reservation platform for sales agents worldwide. Developed based on agent feedback, the enhanced booking engine offers greater simplicity and efficiency.
“We’re thrilled to present the new and improved Sherpa 2.0. It’s faster and much easier to use,” says John Warner, Gap Adventures’ VP Global Sales. “We work with the best agents in the industry and it’s our priority to provide them with the best tools possible.”
Launching January 20, 2011, the reservation platform boasts an array of new features and benefits, including:
- Improved user interface
- Faster loading home page
- Ability to confirm all services at once with one click
- ‘My recent bookings’ and ‘agency recent bookings’ conveniently listed
- Ability to search for bookings by traveller name
- Ability to add pre/post-tour hotel nights directly from the booking overview page
- Ability to add/remove extras such as kayaking and camping in Antarctica
- Clearer and prominent display of required traveller information
- Improved resources
- Agent specific promotions displayed
“We’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve our service,” says Marc Wisniak, Gap Adventures’ Director of IT & Information Systems. “Sherpa 2.0 is a comprehensive, all-in-one solution. We’re pleased with the finished product and hope our agents will be as well.”
The new Sherpa is compatible with Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 7 and above.
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.