Emphasis will be on helping UK tour operators deliver high quality responsible travel experiences in Asia
Richard Brouwer, the new CEO of Khiri Travel, has appointed Adrian Croft as Director of Sales & Marketing – Khiri Travel UK.
Croft will be responsible for growing Khiri Travel’s portfolio of accounts in the UK. Brouwer said Croft will increase the company’s UK business and raise awareness of the DMC’s unique travel experiences to the UK travel trade and incentive planners.
“Adrian has proven experience in growing outbound business from UK and Europe to all corners of the world, especially Asia,” said Brouwer. “He is a perfect fit for Khiri Travel because he is passionate about quality products and businesses that care about the environment and the culture around them.”
Croft brings over 15 years’ travel industry know-how to Khiri Travel. He previously worked for Kuoni Travel Group for seven years until 2006 as Product Manager and as Regional Director for Sales & Marketing – Europe. He has also been Director of Sales and Marketing for the Banyan Tree Phuket and DOSM Europe and ME for The Residence Hotels, based in London.
Said Croft: “As a responsible DMC in Asia, Khiri Travel is committed to integrity in tourism. That is something that appeals to me as well as an increasing number of discerning travellers across the UK.”
Croft started his new role for Khiri Travel on 4 January and is based in West Sussex near London, and can be reached at [email protected].
Five Did-You-Know Facts About Khiri Travel
- Khiri Travel founder Willem Niemeijer has been in the travel business in Thailand since 1987. He is now Chairman of Khiri Travel and CEO of the Khiri Group
- Niemeijer appointed Richard Brouwer the former CEO of Diethelm Travel Group to lead Khiri Travel in January 2016
- Khiri Travel is Travelife certified for its tour operations in Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam
- The company is committed to people, planet and profit and is an award-winning advocate of authentic, low-impact responsible tourism.
- Its most iconic travel experience is (arguably) its luxury tented camp among Khmer ruins in Cambodia
Contributing members are responsible for the accuracy of content contributed to the Member News section of AdventureTravelNews.