Seattle, WA – ITB convention organizers have selected the Adventure Travel Trade Association’s (ATTA) Executive Director of Europe and Editor of AdventureTravelNews Christopher Doyle, to host the convention’s fourth annual Corporate Social Responsibility Day on March 8, 2012.
Doyle, who leads the European region of the adventure tourism industry’s global trade association which advocates for the responsible and sustainable development of the growing sector, will navigate panel conversations which address concepts, examples of best practices and the economic prospects for sustainable and responsible tourism. Sessions for the CSR day, which will be held between 10:25-18:00 in Hall 7.1a, Auditorium New York 3, include:
- Challenges and Concepts for Managing Accessible Tourism
- Accessible Tourism
- Human Rights in the Tourism Industry – What Are the Demands, What Can Be Achieved?
- Sustainable Tourism Certification Programs – Are There Too Many?
- Green Cities: A Vision, or the Reality of Tomorrow’s City Breaks?
- Sustainability: What Does it Mean for the Customer?
- Outlook on Sustainability
The International Tourism Exchange ITB Berlin has become the world’s leading travel trade show, hosting more than 110,000 trade visitors as well as 11,000 exhibitors. Part of the ITB Berlin is the professional convention, ‘ITB Berlin Convention‘, the Leading Travel Industry Think Tank, which has turned into one of the most important trade visitor magnets in the tourism industry, pulling over 14,000 visitors in 2011.
In addition to its participation in the CSR Day, the ATTA will exhibit at ITB Berlin March 7-11, 2012, in the Experience Adventure & ECOtourism Hall 4.1, stand 234.