Latest from the ATTA
- Q&A: Indian Father-Daughter Team Summits Mt. Everest, Smashing Stereotypes About Women
- Travel Agents Reveal Clients’ Adventure Trends; Partnership Between Agents and Adventure Industry Continues to Grow at EDGE Conference
- Adventure Travel Industry, Outdoor Community Unite for Evening of Networking, Fundraising for Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
Poiana Brasov, ROMANIA – We have the pleasure of inviting you to the 2nd European Ecotourism Conference on October 23-25th 2013, in Poiana Brasov, Romania, which is organised by the Association of Ecotourism in Romania (AER) within the framework of the European Ecotourism Knowledge Network (ECOLNET), supported by the European Commission.
The theme of the Conference is Destinations and Labelling for Ecotourism Development in Europe, offering a unique opportunity to get in touch with professionals and stakeholders from a variety of sectors in ecotourism, across the continent and beyond. The objective of the conference is to foster and develop cooperation and the exchange of knowledge and best practices, for responsible practitioners and ecotourism developers in order to address the following topics:
- Can the concept of ecotourism in Europe be translated into commonly agreed standards based on European Ecotourism Labelling Standards (EETLS)?
- Is the concept of ecotourism destination commonly understood and agreed upon by the ecotourism developers and protected area networks in Europe as one of the main tools for nature conservation and regional sustainable development?
- Can the concept of ecotourism destination aggregate a common interest of the main ecotourism and protected areas promoters in Europe in order to better communicate with the general public and potential tourists?
For a period of two days, the participants will be involved in provoking debates and fruitful discussions regarding the current understanding and future development of common ecotourism initiatives inEurope.
The participants will also have the opportunity to experience some of the most inspiring ecotourism offers in the Romanian Carpathians: searching for wolves, bears and lynx tracks in the Carpathian forests, hiking or biking along the trails crossing some of the most exciting high nature value landscapes of Europe, discovering proof of the long history of Transylvania’s multi-ethnical culture, and much more….
By joining the 2nd European Ecotourism Conference you can be part of the driving force for ecotourism in Europe, while also experiencing some of the most exciting ecotourism offers in the Carpathians, in the heart ofTransylvania.
More details regarding programme, speakers and conference venue will be available soon on the website www.european-conference.eu.
You can also keep up with Conference news through the event’s Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you in Poiana Brasov!