Seattle, WA.—Zegrahm Expeditions is once again thrilled to be selected for National Geographic Traveler Magazine’s “Tours of a Lifetime.” In the past, the honors have been bestowed upon the adventure travel company’s tropical, natural history-focused expeditions—Beyond Rapa Nui, Ultimate Seychelles, and Faces of Melanesia—but this year they are excited to announce that the honors were given to a brand new, in-depth cultural tour: Voyage Through the Red Sea. This 17-day expedition, aboard the Clipper Odyssey, departs November 6, 2011 and visits Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Eritrea.
“Winning this award is an honor for us as a company, but the travelers on this voyage are the real benefactors. Not only will they get to experience an award-winning voyage as voted by one of the world’s best-known travel magazines, but they are also getting to visit this region at a time when history will literally be unfolding before their eyes,” says Zegrahm President, Jon Nicholson.
This voyage combines the Red Sea’s best cultural attractions along with several opportunities to snorkel and dive, plus offers a rare glimpse into a number of hospitable countries rarely visited by Western travelers. Highlights of this tour include:
- Exploring the rose-colored wonders of Petra, the capital of the ancient Nabatean Empire and now a World Heritage Site.
- Cruising along the Nile in a traditional felucca sailing vessel.
- Visiting several exquisite World Heritage Sites in Egypt—Monastery of St. Catherine and the treasures of ancient Thebes, including Luxor, Karnak, and the Valley of the Kings.
- Walking tour of Jeddah’s well-preserved old city, considered the gateway to Mecca.
- Snorkeling and diving in the shimmering waters of Eritrea’s Dahlak Archipelago, an area renowned for its rich marine life and scenic beauty.
To learn more about this voyage, including the all-inclusive, 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey, visit Zegrahm Expeditions’ Web site at www.zeco.com.