Past Chair Peter Metcalf Awarded Chairman’s Award from Outgoing Chair Dan Templin
Boulder, CO — Outdoor Industry Association announced today the newly elected 2011-2012 board of directors. The board also elected its new officers including incoming Chair, Will Manzer, CEO of Eastern Mountain Sports.
“It is an honor to serve as chair of the OIA Board,” said Manzer. “After serving the last seven years on the board, I feel we have seen real traction in growing the industry. I look forward to working with my fellow board members and continuing that progress.”
Chosen by the membership, the OIA board consists of 18 voting members and 10 appointed non-voting members, who may serve up to two consecutive, three-year terms. In addition, this year, the outgoing chair Dan Templin, CFO at VF Outdoor Inc. exercised his right to appoint a one-term second vice chair.
As his first responsibility as the incoming chair, Manzer will award Peter Metcalf, co-founder, CEO, president and chairman of Black Diamond Equipment, with the rarely presented OIA Chairman’s Award for his unprecedented leadership, commitment and inspiration during service to the OIA board.
“For our industry, Peter has been both guiding light and driving force,” said Manzer. “As an OIA board member, Peter helped us find our economic voice and set a high standard for active engagement. Whether in the field, the board room or the halls of Capitol Hill, Peter represents our industry with unparalleled passion and we are grateful for his service.”
Newly elected voting members include:
· Carolyn Brodsky, President, Sterling Rope
· Fred Clark, CEO, Thule
· Bob Holding, Co-Founder, Waypoint Outdoor
· Gordon Seabury, CEO, Horny Toad
· Brian Unmacht, EVP, REI
· Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers Outdoor Corp.
Newly appointed non-voting members include:
- Travis Campbell, President & CEO, Far Bank Enterprises
- Mark Taylor, Amer Sports
- Andy Vecchione, Polartec
Continuing to serve on the board are:
· Sutton Bacon, President & CEO, Nantahala Outdoors
· Tom Barney, CEO, Osprey
· Todd Bradley, Co-Founder, C4 Waterman
· Peter Bragdon, Senior Vice President of Legal and Corporate Affairs, Columbia Sportswear Company
· Mark Bryden, Vice President and General Manager, The Timberland Company
· Darren Bush, Owner, Rutabaga Paddlesports
· Estelle DeMuesy, President, Title Nine Sports
· David Kulow, Owner, All Terrain (Rosemont Ventures, Inc.)
· David Labistour, CEO Mountain Equipment Co-op
· David Loechner, Senior Vice President, Nielsen Business Media
· Will Manzer, CEO, Eastern Mountain Sports, Chair
· Ed McAlister, Owner, River Sports Outfitters
· Jennifer Mull, CEO, Backwoods Equipment
· Casey Sheahan, CEO, Patagonia
· Steve Shuster, W. L. Gore, Gore Enterprise Communications
· Bill Sweasy, Chairman & CEO, Red Wing Shoe Company
· Dan Templin, CFO, VF Outdoor Inc. (Past Chair)
· Sue Rechner, President, CEO and Director, Confluence Watersports
· Kim Walker, Founder & President, outdoor DIVAS
· Jim Zwiers, President, Wolverine Outdoor Group, Wolverine World Wide Inc.
The board also elected the following people to serve as board officers:
- Will Manzer, CEO, Eastern Mountain Sports, Chair (pictured)
- Brian Unmacht, EVP, REI, Vice Chair
- Bill Sweasy, CEO, Red Wing Shoe Company, Vice Chair
- Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Treasurer
- Jennifer Mull, CEO, Backwoods Equipment, Secretary
The OIA Board of Directors responsibilities are to develop policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of OIA; to monitor OIA’s financial health, programs and overall performance; to develop, maintain and approve a long-term strategic plan that prepares the industry and association for the future; and to provide the OIA president with the resources to meet the needs of OIA members.